Off-Campus Student Experiencing Symptoms
Based upon your symptoms you will need to quarantine in your off-campus residence while you await the results of your Covid test.
What to do:
- Monitor your symptoms. If you have an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing), seek emergency medical care immediately.
- Stay in a separate room from other household members, if possible.
- Use a separate bathroom, if possible.
- Avoid contact with other members of the household and pets.
- Don’t share personal household items, like cups, towels, and utensils.
- If you are in a shared space within your home such as a kitchen or a bathroom, use the space without others present and wipe down any surfaces you touch before you leave.
- Wear a mask when around other people in your home.
- You should only leave your home for essential activities such as seeking medical attention, to get food to go, or for individual exercise. Should you need to leave your home for an essential reason, you should ensure that you are properly wearing your face covering and maintain social distance with others at all times
You are not permitted to attend classes in person until you receive a test and it is negative. You should contact your professors directly to arrange to stay current with your coursework and discuss the potential to make up any missed assignments. Your professors are in the best position to determine how your absences may affect your class performance.
On-Campus Student Experiencing Symptoms
Based upon your symptoms you will need to isolate in your individual room while you await the results of your Covid test.
You are permitted to leave your room only for essential activities such as seeking medical attention to get food, for individual exercise, or individual time outside. Should you need to leave your room for an essential reason, you should ensure that you are properly wearing your face covering and maintain social distance with others at all times. You should continue to self-monitor your health and contact us at 202-774-0777 if you start to exhibit COVID-19 symptoms or need any assistance. You should also take extra care to disinfect any common surfaces you utilize including sinks, toilets and showers.
You may utilize your meal plan to get food from the food court or student restaurant, but please do linger or remain in the meal location after you have gotten your food.
Close Contact Regardless of Vaccination Status
Current CDC guidance indicates that you do not need to quarantine at this time, however, you should be tested 5 full days after your exposure and wear a mask around others for 10 full days. You are permitted to attend classes and should continue with standard precautions such as social distancing, wearing a facial covering, monitoring your health, and taking your temperature daily.
You can calculate the earliest date at which you may be tested by taking the date of your last exposure and adding 5 days (Exposure 8/1 should be tested no earlier than 8/6). If you are living with a positive person you should contact the Office of the Dean of Students to determine when you should schedule your test. If you become symptomatic at any time you should refer to links for symptomatic students and fill out the Covid-19 Testing Intake form selecting a date of testing as soon as possible. If you are on campus you should call 202-774-0777. If you receive a positive test you will be instructed to isolate.
Antigen Testing Instructions
Please click on this link for the QuickVue At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test User Instructions